Monday, April 17, 2017

It seems like forever ago...

"Marathon Monday"... a term every serious runner knows about. That's the day the crown jewel of marathons is run...Boston. Anyone who's a "marathoner" wants to run Boston. The oldest of the marathons and the only one you have to run a qualifying time for (and even then you might not get in since SO many people are trying to qualify).

I've always wanted to run Boston and after living here in Massachusetts and going to watching it run by my place of work every year, I finally decided to go for it back in 2011. The training and the race did not go to plan (go back through my blog for the race recap) and while I said that would be my 14th and last marathon (I've run 3 more since) and honestly that run distance has been what's kept me from doing a "full" Ironman race, there has always been a feeling of unfinished business. Not to mention I train on parts of the course every time I go for a run. I wish all my friends running the best of luck today and realize now that I have at least 2 more marathons left in me..one to qualify and then another at Boston...and then I quit...I swear... 

No comments:

Post a Comment