Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Because sometimes you just have to make yourself go

Because sometimes...when you drag your butt to the gym...and it's the last thing you wanna do...it's just what the doctor ordered.

I had no desire to go lift and haven't had the desire to a while. I was getting comfortable with just spending an hour or two on the bike and calling it a day but that was exactly the problem. "Comfort" is a terrible thing especially when recovery from surgery and wanting to get back at it when it comes to racing and racing Ironman events again.

Well, nothing to do but to do it! What started as a slogging through it workout...turned into an absolutely bag smasher of a workout. I just started to feel better with every exercise. No, I will not be able to touch my nose tomorrow...or maybe for a few days...but I feel a TON better. Now to remember this and keep at it...or not try to get all my fitness/strength back in one day. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment