Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Believe it or not, I was actually looking forward to getting back in the water

The last couple weeks of my recovery has had some ups and down. I knew it wasn't going to be smooth sailing but I was actually excited to be able to get back in the water. Why? Because I'm neutrally buoyant (helpful with my more fluffy than normal bod) and I can only "pull" which plays to my upper body strength.

So my steri-strips finally fell off after getting my stitches taken out...and that means I could break my long hiatus from the water. I'm no Aquaman nor am I a great swimmer but I'm decent in the water and I've been out of it for way too long. Hopping in today I couldn't have felt more comfortable. It felt GREAT to be back in the pool. Since I can't kick or engage my hips  needed to focus on pulling to get the laps in. 300m opener pull and then 9 sets of 100m pull, 50m aqua jog, 50m sidestep walking (both part of the rehab and dare I say, were comfortable to do in the water). I'm tired...but it's a great tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment