Saturday, July 30, 2016

Cycling is just the bestest

Sure I swim, I run, I bike, I lift, I yoga...but cycling, cycling is what I love. It was my first love. As a geeky teenager I got my first bike and realized the joy of long, hard rides...just me, my bike and the road. There's no hill too high, not distance insurmountable. There's just something about hearing thh hum of the tires on the road and the mechanical click, click, click of upshifting and downshifting...that just makes everything right in the world. There ain't much on the planet that makes me as happy as a long ride on my bike. I haven't taken my S5 out on the road yet much this year and since it was a nice day I figured it was the perfect time to go for a ride. What started out as an easy ride, turned into a 90 minute, 30 mile, time trial. I just felt too good not to push it and see where my fitness is at. Nice to be back on the bike and getting after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment