Thursday, August 27, 2015

A picture can indeed say a thousand words...

That was a long, tough day for sure...
A little ‪stroll down memory lane to Ironman Syracuse 70.3, 2013. I had forgotten about this picture for years, then was reminded of it, looked it up and bought it ASAP. It just arrived. This was just the 1st of 2 loops of the 13.1 mile run that day. As you can see, I'm one of the few people running...and that was at the beginning! That weather and course on race day just devastated the field. Even though I fell apart and it was the worst race I've ever had (yup, even worse than the crash at Timberman later that year), I take great pride that I could manage at least an "airborne shuffle" through the run. One of the racers said it best when he described it as the "Bataan death march of races". Indeed! But it's a testament that when I put my mind to something, no matter the consequences (even heat stroke) I will get it done. Now to harness that determination again moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment