Thursday, December 19, 2013

Running is cathartic...


A long road indeed...so in the last 3 weeks I've had to deal with the loss of my dad, getting divorced and then helping my mom put the pieces of her life back together. Yes, in that order. Ugh. I literally sat in the living room, drained, upset and not knowing where to go next. Well, no better time to lace up a pair of shoes and go for a run. Running is one of those things that helps center me. It helps me burn off the day, reminds me who I am and allows my brain to process life and a create a plan going forward. Tonight, even though I turned in a terrible run time and felt like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, I ran all the garbage, anger, sadness and doubt out of me. That run was just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment